ADVERTISEMENT

The War Room (4/8/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schwade

Aug 17, 2002
Welcome to the 1st installment of The War Room for the off-season of 2010. As always, I'll begin this session with the ground rules for those that may be new. Everything that is reported in The War Room must stay in The War Room. Sometimes the info is sensitive enough that it simply doesn't need to be passed on beyond the doors of this message board thread.

This is a special feature for our subscribers only. The reason why it is posted on the premium board is because that's the only way to ensure that the info stays exclusive to Dayton Flyer fans. Thanks for your cooperation. Here it is, the 1st edition of The War Room for the 2010 off-season:

Jalen "The Real Deal" Steele
No, you're not reading a War Room from last year.. Jalen Steele is really back in the Dayton news. I've been told that Dayton is actively recruiting Jalen again after he asked for his release from Auburn after the coaching change. I spoke to his Uncle last night and verified the Dayton staff has shown interest, but there hasn't been serious discussions yet because Auburn hasn't faxed over his release yet. He hopes to have that either today or tomorrow.

The schools that are showing interest now are Florida, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, La Salle, Wright State, Kennesaw State, and Dayton.

With the coaching turnover, he said they know there are a lot of other kids that are in the same situation, so they are probably going to be wrapping this up in the next 3-4 weeks. They're going to cut it down to three or four schools, take some visits and talk with some coaches, and then go from there. I can tell you that Dayton will be in those list of four schools.

Asking where the scholarship comes from? Most of the time it means either there is going to be a transfer out, a recruit might not be eligible in the fall, or UD would take the Chris Wright scholarship if he remains in the draft. I'm guessing we'll be hearing something very soon on this matter.

Ja-mie... Ja-mie Crockett
Remember a while back when we heard about a commitment from false reporting in the Chicago Sun Times? I told you that it wasn't true, and I'm here today to give you the story. So the night that Brandon Spearman played was also the night of the slam dunk contest, which Crete Monee's Jamie Crockett won. Before taking flight, a reporter asked Crockett where he was going to school. Crockett said that Dayton has been recruiting him the hardest, he likes them, so he'll probably end up there. Next thing you know, the Public Address is introducing Jamie Crockett as a Dayton commitment!

From talking to some people, he really, really likes Dayton a lot. By the sounds of it, if Dayton does offer him, he'll likely jump on it right away. And he has had that feeling about UD for quite a whille, from what I gather.

Jakaar cologne
I think one of the hot names you'll hear Dayton fighting tooth and nail for this summer is Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary's Jakaar Sampson. He's rumored to have Cincinnati, Xavier, and Dayton at the top of his list right now. I know Coach Joyce likes the job that BG and the staff did with Marcus and would not be opposed to sending another kid to Dayton.

Here's the situation you need to keep an eye on. Xavier's associate head coach Pat Kelsey has been mentioned for the head coaching jobs at both Charlotte and Wake Forest. He was the main guy recruiting Sampson, so I think if he leaves Xavier, it could have an affect on where XU stands with him.

Once, Dose, Trice
To me, it sounds like the Trice family is comfortable with the situation at Dayton. They've been to a lot of games and have talked to the Dayton coaches on numerous occasions. I think the trip to Butler this weekend is to figure out where they stand with the Bulldogs.

There was a rumor of a possible decision coming soon from Trice, but the father said it wasn't true. I honestly don't think it will drag on much longer, but heres what the elder Trice said, "It really depends on his comfort level. It could be something as simple as the next couple of weeks or if there's something where he's not comfortable with what he sees, it could go on through the summer."

Also, someone asked yesterday about his strength.. I can tell you that his entire focus at the moment is on his body and he is working out with the football team to try and put some meat and muscle on those bones.

That does it for this edition of the War Room. Thanks to all you great subscribers, thanks and welcome to the new subscribers that have jumped on board recently, and those that I got to meet in New York City. It was a great event and it's always great to put faces with message board monikers. The Flyers baseball team is home this weekend against George Washington if you're looking for something to do. Since Geno Auriemma talked to the guys, they've won four of five and swept Temple... so come out and cheer the guys on!
This post was edited on 4/9 10:35 AM by Matt Schwade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News