ADVERTISEMENT

The War Room (05/07/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schwade

Aug 17, 2002
Welcome to the 5th installment of The War Room for the off-season of 2010. As always, I'll begin this session with the ground rules for those that may be new. Everything that is reported in The War Room must stay in The War Room. Sometimes the info is sensitive enough that it simply doesn't need to be passed on beyond the doors of this message board thread.

This is a special feature for our subscribers only. The reason why it is posted on the premium board is because that's the only way to ensure that the info stays exclusive to Dayton Flyer fans. Thanks for your cooperation. Here it is, the 5th edition of The War Room for the 2010 off-season:

UD in with stUD
A lot were asking me this week if Dayton has a legitimate chance at landing Jeremiah Davis for the 2011 class. He's a very political guy, says all the right things, and doesn't want to tip his hand. There was a rumor recently that he was close to committing to the Indiana Hoosiers, which he wrote off to me as just that- a rumor. A source that had heard the rumor told me that if he didn't commit to Indiana (this was a couple of weeks ago) in the next couple of days, it could be anyone's ballgame. When I asked Jeremiah if Indiana is his leader, he of course said he didn't have a leader. When I asked him if Dayton was anywhere close to the top, he responded, "Oh yea!" He told me that he watched them beat North Carolina and told me that's the style of play he wants to be in... "Yea, definitely, get up and down." While I still think it will be tough for UD to get him, they are doing a fine job in his recruitment and are better off than I think anyone gives them credit for.

Blowing Up
I mentioned recently about 2011 combo guard Phillip Green from Chicago Julian High School. Talking to some people this week, the overwhelming sentiment was, "This kid is blowing up!" More than once it was said to me. I was told in the last open period, both Dayton and Oklahoma State were in to watch him work out. He already has offers from UTEP and Bradley with possible bigger offers on the horizon. He's probably the most talented scorer on his AAU team and with the amount of long athletes on that squad, college coaches will be taking in a lot of their games this summer.

Could get interesting
Quality Education's Anthony Fields called me tonight and told me that he confirmed his unofficial visit in June when he is on his way back from North Carolina. I get the feeling that Dayton is pretty high on his list and he's the wild card. He's going to be taking the SAT test in June for the first time, and guess what? With that test, he becomes eligible to accept a Division I scholarship for the fall (2010). He told me that he reclassified to 2011 because he didn't want to go to a mid-major in the 2010 class. He then went on to say that anything could happen on his visit and that he would be open to the idea of accepting an offer in 2010 if they put one on the table. His play in the last year with QEA and D-One Sports has been nothing short of great. I've talked to scouts and even guys that put together mixtapes of guys and they all said they really like Ant. He's one that is gaining a lot of recruiting momentum and would be a nice coup if they could get to reclassify again to 2010-- doing so a little bit under the radar. We won't know for sure if they have that up their sleeve until probably after his visit next month.

K-D down to 3
Former Southern Illinois guard and former Illinois Mr. Basketball is narrowing things down. Last week, Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Butler, Boston College, Charleston, Cincinnati, Dayton, Nebraska, Penn State, Tulsa, and Xavier had all contacted Jim McLaughlin (high school coach). I was told recently that he has narrowed his list to a trio of schools that included Baylor, Boston College, and Dayton. I like the position the Flyers are in because they were runner-up for his services out of high school. Sources telling me he could visit Dayton in the next two to three weeks. He would be a tremendous addition after tallying 12.3 points and 5.0 assists for the Salukis as a sophomore. He will sit out 2010-2011, but have two years of eligibility remaining when he joins the playing rotation in the fall of 2011.

That does it for this edition of the War Room. For those Flyer mothers on the board, there are quite a few of you, Happy Mother's Day this weekend and the rest of you, don't forget to make Sunday a very special day for Mom!

And as always, thanks to all the new subscribers that signed up and the ones that have been loyal to making this the best site to talk Dayton basketball.
This post was edited on 5/7 8:40 AM by Matt Schwade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News