ADVERTISEMENT

Early thoughts

alle2

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2004
I don’t type well so hang in with me…
Thru the first 5 games the Flyer record is where I thought it would be after Charleston. I do think we let the NW get away more then winnable.
‘I was able to see all the games live and Have watched the replays. Also guys ruechalgrin is a terrific source with his analytics ..lol if I I were the staff I would have him breakdown what he sees.
So since the preseason we of course have lost Mali. I believe his absence hurts more on D and the ability to stay with pressure thruout the game. The other side is Javon 3s against LSU we’re critical, do we have that with Mali. There is no question Mali gets in the lane and At this point better chemistry with Holmes for easy buckets.
The next group of games determine our NCAA Chances, SMU and Cinn are must wins! I refuse to say the annual cliche baloney ..” well now we have to win in ____” .
I like our grit up to the Houston game, I didn’t like the body language or how we were pushed around. I would show that film everyday. That’s the next level of toughness this team needs to get to.
Holmes_ Strong second halves in each game and when determined tough to stop. But he needs to assert himself early and become a better rim protector. He has the game needs to play relentless for 40 min , thats what a first round NBA
prospect if he wants to be that does.
Santos __ Great Tourney…coming out party both going to the basket and shooting the 3. Again back to Houston game he needs to be a force on the boards for us to be really good. I would like to see more sets for him.
Elvis___ clearly a key, have to get him going offensively. Watch he is indecisive , floats a bit on his shot, needs to be ready to shoot. His D has been much better as well as his passing. Needs to make better quicker decisions with the ball.
Javon___ love The kid, tough as nails. His height is a factor seeing And feeding the post and Sampson took him out of the game against the big guard. But he has big Balls and is fearless, like to see him use his quickness and penetrate more.
ENOCH….guys this kid is the key, I thought he would be much better than this offensively. They have to find a way to build his confidence and make him more a part of the offense and a scoring threat. He is way too passive ..really good defender and is good on the glass. I would challenge him to be more aggressive and not be afraid of mistakes. Really need him!!
BREA___ love what he is doing… like the others a clunker against Houston but has been better than I thought. D is still an issue and when an athletic body is on him ie Houston he has to find a way to still contribute.
Jack___ really strong so far… 11 of 12 from the field. Has to be better on D but other than the NW game has been solid contributor. I agree with all of you that at times we should try him with Holmes. It doesn’t look like that is in the plans but man at times break the mold and try it…lol ie again the Houston game.
Petras_____ I want to see more of him. He got behind not being with the team for the summer but has talent. Was lost against NW but decent in Charleston. The staff has to trust him. Want him to stay. Also not a bad defender for a frosh.
‘Zimi…God Bless him…if he can continue to play well it helps the depth. Ya know he took Petras spot and it’s tough, the staff needs to make the tourney and that may come at the expense of developing this kids.. The easier non con games should help get him time.
Marvel_____ I saw him play in the scrimmage I went to, he CAN PLAY.. let’s get him healthy and in the rotation . I watched Marquette in Maui tourney . They are a small team, but he uses his depth and they pressure non stop for 40 min.
I look forward to seeing the adjustments the staff makes with the week off and now having a ton of tape. We have played 4 P5 games in a row and have held our own. I think there is a lot more in the tank and as I posted preseason it’s up to the staff to get their kids to tap that potential.
‘With Elvis and Enoch not at their best we have been a good team. Get them going ..Take the pressure up a notch amd don’t back off it and Most important ….MORE HOLMES on the Glass and protecting the rim.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News