ADVERTISEMENT

2nd War Room (04/06/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schwade

Aug 17, 2002
Welcome to the 2nd installment of The War Room for the off-season of 2012. As always, I'll begin this session with the ground rules for those that may be new. Everything that is reported in The War Room must stay in The War Room. Sometimes the info is sensitive enough that it simply doesn't need to be passed on beyond the doors of this message board thread.

This is a special feature for our subscribers only. The reason why it is posted on the premium board is because that's the only way to ensure that the info stays exclusive to Dayton Flyer fans. Thanks for your cooperation.

Right now, there's a lot more questions then there are answers, and most of them surround recruiting. So here it is, the 2nd edition of the War Room for the 2012 off-season!

Visiting the Hall in NY
Both Allen Griffin and Archie Miller were up at Thomas Jefferson in New York City on Thursday. Coach Miller came in later in the evening to see Thaddeus Hall workout and see some video. Coach Griff was there pretty much all day. Jefferson head coach Bud Pollard absolutely raved about the Dayton coaching staff. I asked him what the perception was of Dayton up there and he said, "They're going to get it done. To win 20 games after having two transfer out and two not even make it to campus, and then the injuries, has to be one of the best coaching jobs in the country."

As far as Thaddeus is concerned, he said he is a dominant player-- a shooter, a scorer, and a defender. "When you have a guy that can shut down the opponent's best player, and attack that player on the other end, what else could you want?"

Hall battled through some back tweaks this season, but when he got back healthy, Coach Pollard said he was "hands down" the best player in New York City. Jefferson held the top spot in the rankings for some time, and Coach Pollard said it's because Thaddeus put the team on his shoulders.

South Carolina and Rutgers were also there on Thursday. Thaddeus is going to visit South Carolina next weekend. Thaddeus will "definitely" have a Dayton visit in the future, according to his coach.

Beast Mode Lynch
We'll stay in New York City, in fact, we'll stay at Jefferson High School. Dayton is also actively recruiting one of Hall's 2013 teammates, guard Jaquan "Son Son" Lynch, is also being heavily recruited by Dayton. In fact, Coach Miller is expected to come back next week to see Hall and Lynch work out.

Coach Pollard told me that Lynch has a pending offer right now from Dayton. "Coach Griff said that Dayton will officially offer after Coach Miller sees him, but is confident that when Coach Miller sees him he'll want to because he'll see what Griff sees."

Here's a YouTube video of Lynch: Jaquan Lynch

J-OW, not J-WOW
I heard from Illinois Wolves AAU coach Mike Mullins on Monday to discuss the latest surrounding Downers Grove South 2012 shooting guard Jerron Otis Wilbut. Wilbut had a solid senior season, averaging around 19 points a game. Besides Dayton, some of the schools he's hearing from include Maryland, Memphis, Missouri State, Nebraska, Oregon, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

He's received a qualifying ACT score already, according to Mullins, but will retake the ACT a week from tomorrow on April 14th in hopes to ensure his eligibility. Mullins said, "Dayton has done a nice job recruiting Jerron. Coach Ostrom is his lead recruiting, and Coach Miller has been involved as well." He said Jerron won't make any visits until after he retakes the ACT and they are looking at the end of April to the beginning of May.

Dayton has been on him a long time, going all the way back to the old coaching staff.

Free Willie
As I broke on Twitter yesterday, Willie Moore has decommitted from Duquesne while they are searching for a new head coach. I've actually been trading texts with him and talking with people in his camp, and Dayton is very much in the picture.

From what I was told, they are trying to get a full release from his NLI, but Duquesne has the right to release him with restrictions which may include not being able to go to another competing Atlantic 10 school. With that said, his top two right now appear to be Dayton and Virginia Tech.

Duquesne is still in the picture, but it's going to likely take them hiring Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua and he's going to have to do a terrific sell job. From what I am told, Dayton really likes Moore and would be interested in him if in fact he does get a full release.

That does it for this edition of the War Room. Thanks to everyone for your continued support and a formal welcome to those new subscribers to the site. It's all of you that make this the best place to talk FlyerHoops all year round!
This post was edited on 4/6 9:00 AM by Matt Schwade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News