ADVERTISEMENT

Off-season Grade

Iamhe23

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2011
I would give the off-season a solid B+

Key Additions- Zed, Posh , Conner, Mousa

Key Losses - Holmes (Huge Loss), Brea (Solid Loss), Elvis (neutral) , Zimi (neutral)

Key miss in Portal - IMO only miss was Colin Smith. We could have used his size.

Impact on landing Posh can’t be overstated. Back-courts win you games and this is the strongest backcourt we have had in the last twenty years.

Zed is no Holmes, but will be solid. In terms of this chess world we are currently playing in, roster construction is now very delicate. You bring in another 5, how does that affect Jack? I was very impressed with how Jack handled himself last year. Another year of development in AG’s system and could he take that big leap???? The footwork and strength are there. Improved conditioning and a focus on limiting foul trouble and he could be a significant piece for our future.

Brea could end up falling into that (Huge) loss category. Yes, he was a tremendous shooter and Fan-Favorite, but we have to remember he was still the sixth-man and I’m sure for a good reason. There was a lot to love, but there were holes to his game. I think this is still incomplete and will fall squarely on Allen/Mousa….Mousa has potential, but from an expectation standpoint .. anything more than 5 ppg and I’ll be extremely happy. As other posters have suggested, I have to see it to believe it. Our track record hasn’t been the best with international players. The player I’m most excited to see is Allen. With a year under his belt i expect him to be ready to contribute 15 minutes per game.

With 2 schollies left - would love a developmental big or two. We desperately need more muscle and that’s a reason I listed Colin Smith as a miss. If Nate goes down, we are in trouble. I know I haven’t mentioned Simon and he could be this guy. I just don’t expect both Allen and Simon to be contributors. If they are, we will be very good in the A-10.

*I have been on this board for almost twenty years. With NIL I expect War Rooms to be limited because things are happening in realtime and often are on the hush. With agents now involved, seems like deals are done before the player even hits the portal. Wild times, but if I’m being honest… this has been the most exciting offseason in recent memory. Rollercoaster ride

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News